Can my rhinoplasty look similar to this? Is it difficult to reduce the size of my nostrils? (Photo)

I want my nose slimmer and my tip contoured!! It is flat and wide and points down. Do I have a wide bridge?? And is reducing the size of nostrils very difficult??

Rhinoplasty with alar base reduction questions

+2
Dear Raven22, Your photographs of your desired results seem realistic. To get a better idea of what your proposed surgery would be I suggest seeking a consultation/examination with a rhinoplasty expert who will use a digital imaging computer to show you" your" proposed surgical results. After the examination and imaging the surgeon will discuss with you in detail what exact surgical procedures will need to be done to accomplish the proposed result. For an expert rhinoplasty surgeon alar reduction is common place and not difficult. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

African American rhinoplasty.

+2
African American rhinoplasty will give u the goals you have described if you see an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon whose results look natural and not pinched etc. 

Can my rhinoplasty look similar to this? Is it difficult to reduce the size of my nostrils?

+2
The overall nose and tip can be refined.  The alar base can be readily reduced as well.

Rhinoplasty

+2
A consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon should give you a clear idea of what is actually achievable. In reviewing the photos submitted, it appears as if you should get a good result with a rhinoplasty to include hump removal, the nasal bones and base made more narrow, tip made more defined and elevated into a more aesthetic position. Reducing the size of your nostrils can be done with alar base resections. This is usually straightforward for plastic surgeons experienced in rhinoplasty.

Paul M. Parker, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty candidate for tip contouring and nostril narrowing

+2
To contour and narrow the bulbous and droopy nasal tip, suture techniques to the lower lateral cartilages are applied. Sometimes a cartilage removal is also necessary. An alar plasty is required to narrow wide nostrils by making an incision inside the nostrils. Any dorsal hump can be shaved down and the bridge line is narrowed with osteotomies of the nasal bone. For many examples and more information, please see  the link below

Nose surgery changes

+2
based on your photos, I believe that your goals are realistic.  I would recommend you look for a board certified plastic surgeon in your area that does nasal surgery frequently

Rick Rosen, MD
Norwalk Plastic Surgeon

Expectations not unrealistic with ethnic nose.

+2
Without a physical examination it's impossible to say but based on your photographs it looks as though your aesthetic goals are reasonable. Much depends upon the thickness of the skin and the structural support of the nasal tip.

Narrowing the nose

+1
Narrowing the nose can be performed.  It is hard to see your nose well because you are wearing glasses.  Best to be seen in person.

Your nose

+1
I am having trouble understanding what you want from the photos, you need to be seen in person and evaluated. It is impossible to tell you what you can have from those photos.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD