Dermatology: Horrible Dandruff , Head & Shoulders and Tsal Shampoos Not Working. How to Get Rid of It? (photo)

Ivve always had dandruf, but until now its always gone away with head and shoulders. I recently bought Neutrogena Tsal shampoo. I find that it decreases the flakes but doesnt get rid of them. I wash my hair twice a week with Tsal, and i do not wash my hair with any shampoo any other day, just rinse clean with water. Why did this happpen? Stress?Side effects from meds? My current medications are: paxil 30mg, xanax 1mg, clyndamyacin, minocin100mg, percocet 5mg, biotin. How do I make it go away?

Seborrheic Dermatitis

+1

It is best to see a dermatologist for further evaluation.  From the pictures, it appears you may have seborrheic dermatitis, a chronic condition that causes flaking of the scalp.  If so, medicated shampoos and topical steroids can help repair and stregnthen the scalp to decrease the flaking.  Unfortunately, this is a chronic condition with no cure, so it is important to maintain treatment to prevent flares.  Find a local dermatologist who can evaluate your condition in person.  You should be on your way to a healthy scalp in no time!

Fort Myers Dermatologist