How Long Do Injectable Fillers Last?

Which last the longest and how long? Cost?

Injectable fillers are great and can be tallored to your needs.

+2

Restylane, Juvederm, perlane lasts 6-9 months @ $550/syringe.  Radiesse lasts about a yr @ $630/syringe. Artefill last 4-5 yrs @ $1200/syringe. 

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Injectable fillers

+1

Each filler is a bit different.  Some of the hyaluronic acid fillers like restylane and juvaderm ultra last about 6 months , and perlane and juvaderm ultra plus lasts about 9-12 months.

How long do fillers last

+1

As you may know there are many fillers availale and most of them are temporary, meaning they will degrade or be absorbed over time. Most hyaluronic acid (HA) fillers have compositions that offer visible results ranging between six to eighteen months depending on the product and where it is used. Here in Canada, we have had a large array of different fillers to choose from for many years. I have found that the semipermanent and permanent fillers are quite attractive, but end up causing more problems over time and if the result is not adequate there isn't much that can be done. I hope this helps.

Dr. A. Gantous

Andres Gantous, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Silikon-1000 is an off-label injectable filler that is permanent. It must be used properly to achieve desired results.

+1

Silikon-1000 is a permanent filler, so your results, good or bad, are permanent. You must find a board-certified dermatologist or facial plastic surgeon experienced with the serial puncture, micro-droplet technique. You should also have a discussion with your doctor about the FDA's position with respect to using Silikon-1000 in an off-label fashion. Lastly, you should see many before and after photos demonstrating beautiful results before you pick your doctor and proceed.

Complications with Silikon-1000 are infrequent. Around 2% of patients will develop a nodule or bump at the site of injection. These typically respond well to dilute triamcinolone injections; rarely they need to be excised or treated with light electrosurgery. Also, several treatments may be necessary to obtain a desired result.

If any of my colleagues wish to learn more about my experience with Silikon-1000, I am giving an instructional course in Boston at the upcoming Fall Meeting of The American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (AAFPRS). The course is titled "Off-Label Applications of Liquid Injectable Silicone (LIS)", and I will be presenting on 9/24/2010 at 4pm. Common conditions treated include: volume replacement, wrinkle reduction, lip enhancement, acne scarring, and correction of many nasal irregularities (“Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty”). I will also be describing the serial puncture, microdroplet technique that is essential for achieving desired results.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon