How Long Might Incontinence Occur After a Labiaplasty?

Incontinence after labiaplasty

+1

I would not expect incontinence to occur as a result of a labiaplasty and have not personally seen this complication of surgery. Labiaplasty surgery is performed on the labia, which are separate from the structures involved in urinating (the urethral opening, the urethra and bladder).

If you are experiencing incontinence after a labiaplasty I recommend that you see your surgeon and primary care physician. You may benefit from referral to a specialist for further evaluation and treatment. If your surgery was performed without complications in a standard manner it is unlikely that persistent incontinence is related to your surgery.

Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

What Is The Relationship Between Urinary Incontinence And Labiaplasty?

+1

Urinary incontinence and labiaplasty are rarely associated with each other.  The only connection I can think of is that labiaplasties most often are done after pregnancy, and usually after multiple pregnancies.  Stress urinary incontinence is often seen in older women who have had multiple pregnancies.  However, from my experience, labiaplasty surgery does not cause urinary incontinence.  Thank you for this intellectually challenging question.

Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Labiaplasty and incontinence

+1

Incontinence is not an expected outcome after labiaplasty surgery. See your surgeon for further evaluation.

Saint Paul Plastic Surgeon

Not at all.

+1

Incontinence is not seen after labiaplasty. Maybe you are looking at other procedures as well?

Best Regards,

John Di Saia MD

Orange Plastic Surgeon

Incontinence following labiaplasty

+1

Incontinence is typically not created by performing labiaplasty surgery. I would recommend that you have your surgeon evaluate your incontinence symptoms and help you find solutions.

Can labiaplasty cause incontinence?

+1

Incontinence is not a consequence of a labiaplasty procedure done by an experienced labiaplasty surgeon. Sometimes, narcotic pain medications can cause difficulty urinating and can manifest as overflow incontinence when one urinates small amounts and can't fully empty the bladder.

Web reference: http://bellevueplasticsurgeons.com

Bellevue Plastic Surgeon

Labiaplasty and incontinence

+1

Incontinence after Labiaplasty is a very unusual complication that I have not heard of myself nor has any of my patients experienced.  Did this actually happen to you?

Incontinence after labiaplasty

+1

Some patients are very sensitive to anesthesia and can develop what is known as overflow incontinene, this is where they are unable to void because the bladder is overdistended, and can happen with any surgery. The  trtment for this is bladder rest with a catheter for a few days. If you are farther out from your surgery, something eklse is going on. I have never heard of incontience as a consquence of Labia reduction surgery per se. I would recommend a thourough evaluation by a good uro-gynecologist, if the problem persists. Good Luck

Labiaplasty and Incontinence?

+1

Thank you for the question. I have not seen nor heard of bladder incontinence as a complication of labia minora reduction surgery. Please let me know if I'm misunderstanding the question.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_labialreduction.htm