How Long Does Implant Removal Healing Take?

Removing implants 2-3 months post op, they're not for me. How long until my muscles and everything are healed and I no longer feel pain in my breasts due to this surgery?

+1

Removing the implants is a simpler procedure that inserting them in almost all patients (leaking gels excluded). Most patients are back to work the next day, and require few or no pain meds. 

Best wishes for an uneventful recovery. 

Implant removal

+1

Implant removal as long as no capsule has to be removed is fairly painless and usually patients feel pretty good within a few days.

Breast implant removal

+1

Dear Tina,

Breast implant removal is typically a simple procedure that may even be done under local anesthesia with minimal downtime. Seems you are recently post op and would wait at least three months and discuss your reasons for removal with you surgeon as that may not be the best course of action. 

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

+1

If you only require implant removal, this should be relatively painless.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

How Long Does Breast Implant Removal Healing Take?

+1

It is very likely that you will find the “healing time” associated with removal breast implants to be much less than that associated with initial breast augmentation surgery. Most patients require pain medication for one to two days at most and are able to return to most activities very quickly,  comparatively speaking. Of course, your plastic surgeon will be your best resource when it comes to returning to specific activities, given that he/she knows exactly what was done and how you are progressing.

Best wishes; hopefully, you will be pleased with the outcome of the procedure performed.

Breast implant removal

+1

Healing after breast implant explantation would depend on the amount of surgery. If the capsule needs to be removed then the healing is longer. Also depends on your pain tolerance, whether the implant is above or below the muscle. Your surgeon would be able to give you a better idea of the healing process.

Healing after an implant removal

+1

Once the implants are removed I would expect you to have very little pain.  More than likely you may take pain medication for a day or two and get back to normal activities in 110 to 14 days.