How Long is the Healing Time for Laser Blepharoplasty in Order to Look Normal?

I would like to have a laser blepharoplasty double eyelid surgery but is afraid over the healing periods. What will the effects be after one week?

Eyelid Surgery

+1

After 1 week, you will still see some effects of the surgery.  You can expect some swelling 2-3 weeks out, but should rapidly improve after that time.  At 4-6 weeks, things should be looking very good.  The variables will be how deep your fat was to be removed if any.  If there was not any fat removed, and all they removed was skin, you will heal much quicker.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

Blepharoplasty

+1

Normal may take 3 weeks.  It depends on how much you bruise as that usually outlasts the swelling.  Pink scars may need some makeup fo another 3-4 weeks.  I hope this info helps.

Ronald H. Stefani Jr, MD

Recovery Time for Laser Blepharoplasty

+1

At one week you will still have some swelling and possibly some black and blue. At two weeks you should look normal with a little make-up. 

Richard Galitz, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Recovery after laser blepharoplasty

+1
Your recovery time depends in large part on what is specifically meant by the term "laser" blepharoplasty. If the laser is being used to resurface or smooth out wrinkles, then you could expect some redness of the skin to be present for several weeks. However, after about a week, it should be pretty easy to cover the redness with makeup. In general, most patients who have eyelid surgery of any kind, look pretty good at about one week after surgery but can expect varying degrees of redness or bruising that may require you to wear coverup makeup so that you feel comfortable being seen in public.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

What's healing time with laser Blepharoplasty

+1

Blepharoplasty, using the Laser to make the skin incisions or a scalpel matters not...the typical healing time, IMHO, to look presentable should be slightly over 1 week however, the skin of the upper eyelid, can appear wavy due to trapped swelling for up to 3 months. 

Blepharoplasty laser incisions heal slower than scalpel incisions

+1

Laser incisions can be excellent, the bleeding is less and tissue removal can be done precisely. The surgeon needs skill that is different from scalpel handling skill. Sutures need to remain in place about two days longer. I have done numerous blepharoplasties with traditional scalpel surgery and many with cutting laser (C02) and I prefer the scalpel method. I also think the scar is better with scalpel surgery.

Harlow Hollis, MD
Victoria Plastic Surgeon

Bleph healing time

+1

Upper bleph done under local while on low salt and low carb diet can look great at one week. Very important to maintain blood pressure control and avoid aspirin, ibuprofen, red wine and Thi black mushrooms.

Adam Bryce Weinfeld, MD
San Angelo Plastic Surgeon

Laser blepharoplasty

+1

this can mean a couple of different things, laser resurfacing increases the time of recovery and cutting with the laser does not significantly impact the healing time of incisions. It does not make you more precise. You either are or you are not.  get a blepharoplasty. If laser is needed in the estimation of your surgeon to achieve the best result then be prepared for longer recovery if resurfacing is needed.

Rafael C. Cabrera, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

There is a benefit to CO2 Laser blepharoplasty

+1

Some time good doctors disagree.  This is one of those times.  I believe that the CO2 laser offers a very real advantage in blepharoplasty.

As the laser cuts it seals blood vessels.  There is less swelling and bruising at the time of surgery.  The advantage is not in healing faster.  The advantage is that with less swelling the doctor can make more precise decisions about how much tissue to remove.  If the surgery is more precise the results are more likely to be better.

To answer your questions directly.  With any eyelid operation healing varies.  Many patients look pretty good in 1 to 2 weeks.  However, if you need to look picture perfect the surgery should be done six weeks in advance (whether or not you use the laser).

Marc Cohen, MD
Philadelphia Oculoplastic Surgeon

Recovery After LASER Blepharoplasty

+1

Studies have consistently shown that recovery after Blepharoplasty is the same with LASER or conventional instruments. Your surgeons skill is the key.

After Blepharoplasty, most women are able to return to work in 5-7 days.

To reduce the possibility of bruising, eat foods rich in Vitamin K (leafy green vegetables), a week or two before your procedure.

Some people find that eating fresh pineapple after surgery may help reduce swelling. The ingredient that reduces swelling is Bromelain, which can be found in vitamin/health food stores.

Another herbal supplement that can reduce bruising is Arnica.

Stopping aspirin, ibuprofen, certain vitamins and herbals for 2 weeks before surgery is important for reducing bruising: these substances are blood thinners.

Paul C. Zwiebel, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon