Timing of Tummy Tuck With Lipo Procedure

How Long Does a Full Tummy Tuck with Liposuction to Inner and Outer Thighs Take?  Is it safe to perform both procedures together?

+1

Interesting question. Timing is a range from 2 hours to 5 hours. This depends upon your body, the surgeon's experience, etc. And yes I do both at the same operative setting. From MIAMI 

Best to do tummy tuck and liposuction of thighs separately.

+1

Hi.

1)  We routinely do liposuction of the upper abdomen and of the love handles together with a tummy tuck.

2)  But the thighs are different.  There is certainly no agreement about this, but I think you can increase the risk of a blood clot by doing the thighs together, and so I do not.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Can tummy tuck and liposuction be done together?

+1

These procedures can be done together, matter of fact I always do liposuction with my tummy tucks to contour the whole midsection. Additionally, the thighs and/or arms can be done. Obviously, there are some criteria that you must fullfill. You have to be relatively young, good skin, healthy with no comorbidities, the liposuction cannot be a large volume (less than 5 liters). Another benefit is that you require one time sedation, save on combining procedures and have one recovery time.

George Marosan, MD
Bellevue Plastic Surgeon

Do lipo and tummy tuck at the same time

+1
It is generally safe to do these two procedures together unless the lipo volume is large, and there is the benefit of a single recovery time.there is also some cost savings.

Richard Baxter, MD

SAL with Abdominoplasty

+1

As long as the volumes are not large it is preferential to do it simultaneously.  It will add very little time and much better than a second anesthetic and recovery.

Leonard Hochstein, MD

Length of tummy tuck and liposuction procedure

+1

I would guess that this could take about 4 to 5 hours, or longer, depending on the extent of liposuction needed and the speed of your surgeon. Some plastic surgeons give a small dose of blood thinner for tummy tuck patients and that might increase the amount of bruising with the liposuction. I generally only do small amounts of liposuction with a tummy tuck, but others would feel perfectly comfortable doing what you want all at once.

Victor Au, MD
Chapel Hill Plastic Surgeon