How Long Will Fraxel Results Last?

I realize it may depend upon the laser, skin type, age, sun exposure. Is this something I need to do annually? I purchased a package of 3 sessions (each session includes BBL, Fraxel, followed by microderm).

How Long Will Fraxel Results Last

+1

Fraxel laser treatments can address a wide range of issues such as acne scars, brown spots and wrinkles. So depending on the severity of the skin condition, it may be necessary to undergo several sessions or ongoing maintenance. On the other hand, some patients have been able to achieve the results they wanted with a single treatment.

Fraxel can break up structures in the skin that contain melanin to improve the appearance of pigmentation. The heat energy from the laser system can be precisely controlled to stimulate the synthesis of new collagen fibers that will help enhance the firmness and elasticity of the skin.

So, the rate of collagen degradation, which depends on individual factors can affect how many treatments are necessary. Also environmental factors, like sun exposure, and the way they interact with your skin type and physiology will also affect the need for ongoing treatments.

Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Fraxel Results

+1
The results of the Fraxel treatment are both immediate and progressive. Soon after the treatment, the surface of your skin will feel softer, look brighter and show more even tone. The next 3 to 6 months will bring more improvement as the deeper layers of the skin continue to heal.

Daniel Shapiro, MD

Fraxel Results...

+1

Duration varies from patient to patient.  I am sorry but there is no correct answer for this.  As long as you take care of your skin results can last on average 1-2 years. 

Hope this helps.

Dr. Grant Stevens

Grant Stevens, MD