How Long Does Fraxel Last?

Fraxel can last a long time

+1

Fraxel can last a long time. It really depends on the type of laser that was used.  You may consult with a physician first on the different types of lasers.

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Fraxel produces new collagen in the skin depending on how aggressive the reults are of vaious degrees.

+1

The results vary with how aggressive the settings are.  Once the desired result is achieved than we move into maintaining the results with various skin care regimens.  I think it is important to use everything we have available to combat aging.  That to me means Botox, Dysport, fillers and pharmaceutical products.  I have patients that look younger than me and are older than me because they are doing all these things to look refreshed.

It's worth effort.

Good Luck.

Orange County Dermatologist

Fraxel can provide long term improvement

+1

There are many variable that must be addressed when answering your question.  For what indication is the Fraxel being used, fine lines, age spots, texture, acne scars? How high was the energy setting and how dense was the treatment level? How bad was your photodamage prior to the laser? Fraxel Restore or Repair? If you religiously apply a good sunscreen and use safe sun techniques, you can protect your investment with Fraxel by maintaining its good effect, but if you have a lot of unprotected sun exposure, your collagen will continue to degrade and your skin's texture will be worsened.

It depends on you.

+1

If you keep to strict sun avoidance and used a good anti-aging skin protocol regularly, the results are very long lasting. If you continue to go in the sun and not use correct skin products, the results can be short-lived.

Remember that Fraxel can take off a few years, but the clock continues to tick, so even the best of patients often want to spruce up the skin in 3-5 years with another course as they continue to age and need more help fighting Mother Nature.

Web reference: http://www.drmarylupo.com

New Orleans Dermatologist

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.