How long will it take for 3 units to wear off of an upper lip muscle?

My smile was a little off, my right lip would go higher then my left side and botox was to relax it. OMG.. It's as if I have Bell's palsy... I do not want to put botox on the other side.. It's all just a mess! Worse, a PA who was just recently hired injected me. Please tell me this will wear off soon! Help!

It Will Wear Off Soon

+1
I'm sorry about your unfortunate results! No need to worry — the BOTOX® Cosmetic will wear off quickly. Unfortunately, this is the issue with injecting BOTOX in the lip for wrinkles. It weakens the lip muscles, and often it is unpredictable. At least in that area, the BOTOX will wear off quickly. If you decide to get such a treatment again in the future, be sure your injector is highly experienced and trained. Best wishes.

Ksimp

+1

I'm so sorry to hear about your experience. I do want to let you know that this will wear off and eventually go away. Sometimes smile muscles are injected to reduce the pull that the cheeks have when a person smiles. It will soften over time.

David W. Kim, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

3 units of Botox to upper lip muscle

+1

Injections around the mouth are difficult and can lead to problems eating, drinking, smiling, talking, etc., so I'm sorry this happened to you. Small doses are usually used, like you had, and I'd say 3 units is even more conservative. Botox lasts 3-4 months in total, but in smaller doses it won't last as long so it should resolve more quickly than that.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

GOOD NEWS

+1

three units of Botox in the upper lip won't last long...probably the quickest area to wear off...might not even last a month...hopefully the dose was calculated correctly...good luck and sorry to hear about your experience

Ken Landow, MD

+1

I sorry to hear of your experience, unfortunately theres nothing you can do to speed the effects of Botox, this could last up to 4 months if not sooner to metabolize