How Long Should It Take for 2 Units of Botox Injected into my Forehead to Fade?

I've been receiving Botox injections over the past 2 years for synkinesis due to a case of Bell's Palsy in 2000. The injections have always been around the affected eye and chin. However, this time 2 units were placed on the left side of my forehead, causing my eyebrow to droop slightly and making it impossible to fully articulate the muscle (I cannot move my eyebrow very well or make a surprised expression). It sort of feels like having BP again! How long will it take for this to dissipate?

Botox Duration...

+2

Botox is FDA approved to last 3 to 4 months.  Since such a small amount was injected, you should start seeing an improvement with slight movements returning in the area within the first 4 to 6 weeks. 

Hope this helps.  Good luck.

Dr. Grant Stevens

Unwanted botox relaxation of a muscle could take more than a month to start to lessen

+2

The full effect of the botox may take up to four months to vanish but you should see more function of the muscle around 8 to 12 weeks, sometimes earlier, especially because the two units in one area is a small dose as the adjacent areas were not treated.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Botox longevity

+2

The effect of the Botox may last up to 4 months. Maybe by 2-3 months you will some motion to start to return.

+2

2 units of Botox is a really small dose.  Try exercising the muscle through repeated attempts at raising that eyebrow.  Effects should start to decrease in a month or so.  

Botox Duration of Action

+2

It should take between 3-6 months for the effects to wear off completely.  In the future, it is possible to inject a bit higher on the forehead (Frontalis muscle) to avoid a droopy eyelid.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Botox usually lasts ~4 months

+1

Botox typically lasts about 4 months.  Depending on the dose, the location of the injection, prior treatments, etc you might find things taking a little longer or shorter.

2 units is not a very large dose, so I would hope that it will not take quite so long to get your movement back.  Regardless, just hang in there, as your function should return back to normal with enough time.

Michael Bowman, MD
Montgomery Facial Plastic Surgeon

How long for Botox to fade

+1

That is a fairly small dose so one would expect it to last much less time than the Botox does in other areas.

Julio Garcia, MD