How Long Does It Take for Tissues to Reattach to Cheekbones After Submalar Implant Removal

How long does it take for a capsule to form around cheek implants, and after removal how long does it take for the tissues to reattach to the bones, Also how long does it take for the tissues to shrink back down , I had submalar 4mm silicone malar shells implants in for 3 weeks and removed 9 weeks ago, I have some new sagging, n/f, marionette lines. The swelling has mostly disappeared, maybe some residual. I am very stressed about this, as I thought it was reversible.

+1

I have used Cheek Implants for Cheek Augmentation, for over 20 years and the cheks should go back to their original size and shape in a few weeks.  4mm Cheek Implants left in for only 3 weeks should not significantly stretch the tissues, of the cheeks IMHO.  You can always ask the plastic and cosmetic surgeon that did your Cheek Implants for further clarification.  I do not like or use submalar implants but use specific sizes and shapes of malar/submalr combination implants.

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com

Tissue Sagging After Cheek Implant Removal

+1

Like breast implants once the cheek tissues are detached and stretched out for implant placement, they may not recover their original position after implant removal. It is not so much from the tissue stretching but all of the cheek tissue attachments have been stripped off from the bone. Unless there was some specific method to reattach these tissues or lift them, they will develop some sag off the cheek bone from their original position.

Web reference: http://www.eppleyplasticsurgery.com/cheek.html