How Long for the Swelling to Go Down After TT to Wear Regular Clothes?

My larger before TT clothes fit, but when will the more fitted pants fit. I live in shorts and jeans

Swelling post tummy tuck

+1

The swelling above the incicion can last several months but heat and massage can get it to go down sooner.

Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Swelling after a tummy tuck.

+1

Swelling can take several months to resolve following a tummy tuck. Strict adherence to postoperative compression garments can improve the time for resolution.

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Swelling after tummy tuck

+1

Everyone heals differently and swelling will go down when it goes down.  You have to be patient and allow yourself to recover. Your question doesn't say how much time has elapsed since your surgery, whether you had liposuction along with the tummy tuck, and what you consider "fitted pants" as I am assuming that they would not have fit you prior to the operation.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Swelling after Tummy Tuck?

+1

Congratulations on having undergone the tummy tuck procedure; hopefully you would they please within results of surgery.

Remember that it is always best to  follow-up with your plastic surgeon to rule out treatable causes of postoperative swelling ( for example seroma).   Once you have peace of mind that your recovering is proceeding “normally” patienceHim him will be necessary.

Generally, it takes many months for swelling to resolve after tummy tuck surgery and it may take up to one year  (or greater)  for complete skin redraping  to occur.

+1

This can vary a lot from patient to patient, but the swelling can take one to three months to resolve, and occasionally longer. Some of the swelling is from the surgery itself, and some from the decreased intestinal function caused by the narcotic pain medicine. It takes some time for the body to recover from both.

Thanks for the question, best wishes.