How Long Will It Take for the Burn Marks to Disappear from my Legs? (photo)

I burned my leg when I was taking a chicken out of the oven & the grease spilled down my leg 4 months ago,iwent straight to to the hospital & got band aids on for a while as I had huge blisters covering my legs. The doctor told me to use bio oil or vitimin e & I have been using both but my legs are still really red as I had both 2nd and 3rd degree burns but no skin graphing was needed. Will I need laser surgery or how can I get the marks to go away? How long will it take the marks to disappear?

Pulsed dye laser and Melarase for burn scars

+1

You will likely need pulsed dye laser to improve the redness on the legs and thighs. I would also use Melarase cream to prevent hyperpigmentation of the scars. Raffy Karamanoukian Los Angeles

Burns on the legs

+1

if when you run your hands over the Burns the skin feels normal, the color will eventually return to normal. It may take months. Make sure to wear sunscreen if you expose your legs to the Sun

Vicki J. Levine, MD