How Long Does It Take for Swelling on a Hump to Go Down After Revision Rhinoplasty? (photo)

I had a revision rhinoplasty with an ear cartilage graft 10 days ago. I know that generally swelling, especially tip related can take up to a year to go down. But what about the bridge of the nose? I had a hump remaining from my last surgery, so I got that rasped down this time around. The only issue is it seems as if there is still a hump and it feels somewhat hard almost as if it is not swelling. How long will this take to go away or will it go away?

Hump and revision surgery

+2

Some of the hump that you see may be related to swelling. You should give it 6 months to a year to soften and settle down.

Hump 10 days after surgery

+2

Hi,

Its very early after your surgery. I would wait at least 6 months before making any judgements on the results.

Best.

Dr.S.

Web reference: http://www.rhinoplastysurgeonnewyork.com

How long does it take for the swelling to go down.

+2

Thank you for your question. You have revision surgery to your nose. In general revision surgery is a more complex procedure when compared to the initial or primary rhinoplasty. It would involve more swelling and it does take longer for the swelling to go down. It is commonly quoted that after one year monist of the swelling disappear. Any bumps after that are likely to be permanent. 

How Long Does It Take for Swelling on a Hump to Go Down After Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

Based on the location you describe, I feel you should wait at least 6 months before making any decisions on the outcome.