How Long for Swelling to Go Down After Mini Abdominoplasty?

I had a mini abdominoplasty 9 weeks ago. After the surgery and for the first week my tummy was very flat and I was very happy. Into the 2nd week my tummy started to swell. I had seroma so I had my tummy drained 3 times. There is now no fluid coming out when they try to drain but it still looks swollen but better. It now feels very hard and pretty swollen underneath my bellybutton. Should the swelling be away by now as this is 9weels past and what is the hard feeling I'm feeling in my tummy

When will the recovery recover after a seroma is removed.

+3

Thank you for your recent question.  Any time you have a seroma following  a miniabdominoplasty that requires evacuation one must  expect that  there will be firmness and possibly  a lengthier time for recovery and softening to the abdomen.  Six months to one year after the surgery may be a realistic estimate as to when the  abdomen will recover .  Don't be too impatient.

Good luck to you.

Frank Rieger M.D.  Tampa Plastic Surgeon

Web reference: http://w.w.w riegercosmeticsurgery.com

How Long for Swelling to Go Down After Mini Abdominoplasty

+2

The good news is that if this looked good at a week, it will most certainly look good when all the swelling is resolved. 

The duration of edema (swelling) varies from person to person, but can take some months. The number of aspirations needed will likely prolong the course. The firmness is part of the inflammation and healing

Patience.

Swelling after Tummy Tuck?

+1

Generally, it takes many months for swelling to resolve after tummy tuck surgery and it may take up to one year (or greater)  for complete skin redraping  to occur.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_tummyTuck.htm

Recovery time after tummy tuck or mini tuck

+1

You can expect swelling up to 6 months after a tumm yck procedure. If you have seroma, then you may require longer recovery period. Seroma is not necessary a complication of tummy tuck, but rather an unanticipated but not unusual event. As long as it is drained properly, you should be fine. Daily massaging of the scare area will expedite the reduction of swelling. Be patient and trust your surgeon.