How Long Does It Take for Restylane to Reach Maximum Effect?

Restylane and results

+1

When you have any dermal filler injection that is a hyaluronic acid based product, you see the results immediately. Waiting up to two weeks is often a good time frame to give the product time to settle, swelling has subsided, and you see final results.

Restylane Results

+1

Restylane is a hyaluronic product that I have been using in my practice since 2003.  You should expect improvements immediately but the filler can be a little firm for up to 2 weeks.  This may mean that you can actually feel the product under the skin, particularly when used around the lips and corners of the mouth.  Great results take time!

Most HA products like Restylane are to some degree hydrophilic meaning they soak up water and expand.  This effect is slightly less with Restylane than Perlane.  I suspect you will reach your end result in about a week after your procedure.  By this time, the local swelling of the tissues from the limited needle trauma has dissipated, and your results should be seen.

Thanks for the question!

Dr. Hobgood

Todd Christopher Hobgood, MD
Phoenix Facial Plastic Surgeon

Restylane results

+1

Dear lbkautz,

1. You will see results immediately after injection
  2. The final results take 2 weeks to settle out (they will swell a little bit, then come down)

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD

+1

Restylane may have associated swelling and bruising, but its effects should be realized immediately upon injection.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Restylane and maximum effect

+1

I would give any filler two weeks to settle prior to assessing results. You can always add more filler if you were expecting more dramatic results, or you can dissolve it with hyaluronidase if you were expecting less obvious results. 

Ramona Behshad, MD
Chesterfield Dermatologic Surgeon

Restylane and other fillers act immediately

+1

Unlike Botox which takes 2 weeks to reach maximal effect in about 2 weeks, the fillers work as soon as they are placed.  There is always at least some degree of swelling after filler injection and bruising is possible as well.  Generally speaking, not much later than two weeks after your injection you should have your final result (no more bruising and swelling at that point).

Michael Bowman, MD
Montgomery Facial Plastic Surgeon

It is maximum within minutes of being injected.

+1

However, it often takes a few days for swelling to settle, or longer if there has been bruising.  Depending on the area of the face being treatment, an adjustment of the material may be helpful a week after treatment.

How Long Does It Take for Restylane to Reach Maximum Effect

+1

The effects of Restylane take place immediately. There can be some swelling or bruising for up to two weeks after a Restylane injection though. But the Restylane itself doesn't grow or model or change after injection, so it's at the fullest effect when it's injected.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

How long does it take for Restylane to reach maximum effect?

+1

The effect from Restylane should take place fairly immediately.  There can be some swelling associated with the injection, so sometimes it can take a few days to see the final result.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon