How Long for Results to Appear?

I am day 6 post sliding genioplasty for a receding chin. I am completely panicky. I wanted a subtle change but i find myself a completely different person. Family keeps telling me that i still look the same and that the change that im hating is due to the swelling. I know i should be patient but when can i start seeing some results as to what i will look like after all this ordeal?

How Long for Results to Appear for Chin Surgery?

+2

Thank you for your question. Swelling will prevent you from seeing the outcome and you should wait at least 3-4 weeks before evaluating how things will look.  At the 3-4 month time period, not a lot of change will occur after that.  Just be patient for a while. I hope this helps.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

Swelling One Week After Sliding Genioplasty

+2

It is impossible to judge the results of a sliding genioplasty at just one week after surgery. The swelling will make it look way too big at this point. You need to wait a minimum of 6 to 12 weeks after surgery before trying to judge the results. What may look too big at one week after surgery will look completely different in another month. This is facial bone surgery which creates a large amount of swelling and distortion early on.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD