How Long Does It Take for Recovery After a Butt Implant?

+1
     Exercise can be resumed between 6 and 8 weeks following butt implant surgery.

Recovery after Butt Implants

+1

The answer depends on the activities you have in mind. Here are some guidelines:Buttock implant surgery requires a more lengthy recovery period than fat transfer butt augmentation. Since the incisions are made for the surgery in areas more prone to infection and separation, potential complications can occur. Patients must understand that following buttock implants they will not be able to sit down for at least 14-21 days and will not be able to resume most normal activities for a month to 6 weeks. More rigorous activities will not be able to be enjoyed for about two months after the buttock implants. Patient may be required to wear a compression garment offering support for either technique.. Still, for patients unhappy with their backside appearance, the growing availability of buttock implants has allowed them to achieve a more pleasing figure.

Fat transfer is a great alternative in many patients and allows for a rapid recovery. Dr. Larry Nichter at Pacific Center for Plastic Surgery will guide you in your decision making process and let you know which procedures are best to obtain your goals.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Healing after buttock implants

+1

Because the implant is placed intramuscularly, there will be discomfort, that can be quite significant, for 2-6 weeks.  I like to have my patients get back to all of their activities as soon as they can tolerate it.

Kenneth L. Stein, MD

Recovery after Buttock Implants

+1

Because buttock implants are best placed under or within the gluteus maximus muscle of the buttock, there is a bit longer recovery period until becoming fully mobile again.  Depending upon your job and daily activities the recovery period can be anywhere from 2 - 4 weeks with 6 weeks as the time when I allow my patients unrestricted activity.  glad to help... @dryanstanton

Ryan Stanton, MD

Buttock Implant

+1

Buttock implants are put intramuscular. Thus they will need 2-4 weeks for complete healing. Depending on the type of work you do, you may be able to go back to work by the second week.