How Long Does It Take for Muscles to Heal After Implants?

i have submusculer implant 6weaks but i still have pain,contractions,i still feel abnormal?

It depends on how much of the muscle was cut and your implant size

+1

The amount of muscle contraction that you may feel after a breast augmentation depends on how much of the muscle was cut and the size of your implants.  Its usually in the several month range for most.  Sometimes stretching, massage, and arm movement can help expedite the process even though it hurts while doing it.

Dr Repta

Discomfort after breast augmentation

+1

It takes a few months for everything to feel "normal," after breast augmentation. GIve it some more time.

Post operative healing after breast augmentation ,implant surgery

+1

there are several answers:

1. the muscle is 80% healed at 6 weeks
  2. most women can do complete activity then
  3. most of my patients are doing near complete activity at 3 weeks
  4. the shape , softening, position can take 3-4 months.
  5. the breast will still change in the first  year

Recovery

+1

In general the body has healed sufficiently at 6 weeks for most activities. The submusculuar placement of implants causing the muscles to contract or spasm. Usually in 2-3 months the muscles relax, the implants soft, and they settle into place. Rarely, this takes longer. Continue to follow up with your surgeon.

Michael Hueneke, MD

Muscle "healing" after Breast Augmentation?

+1

Every patient's recovery is different after surgery. You are still within the Bell curve at 6 weeks to feel some pain/contractions.   On the other hand, it would be in your best interest to be seen by your plastic surgeon to rule out problems such as encapsulation.

I am not sure what you mean when you say you “feel abnormal”;  it does however take many months for the average patient to feel like the  breast implants are “part of them”.   It is a rare patient who  cannot  “accept” the breast implant physically and/or mentally.

Again, I would suggest in person follow-up with your plastic surgeon to express your questions and concerns.

Breast implants submuscular healing

+1

Thank you for your question.  It takes weeks for your incision to heal but months for muscle to fully heal and settle down.  Pain and muscle spasms, although not typical, can last for up to 6 months to a year.  I haven't seen this very often but it can happen.

It can take quite awhile for some people.

You may want to go back to your surgeon to be checked to make sure that you are not having a problem.

Best of Luck.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Muscle healing after breast implans

+1
Pain and muscle contraction are common post-augment symptoms. This can last for several months, although it should improve after 6-8 weeks. You should continue to followup with your plastic surgeon at regular intervals as long as this persists.

Robert L. Kraft, MD