How Long Does It Take for Chin Swelling to Go Away After Surgery?

I just had a chin lift 14 days ago and I wore the face garment for 3 straight days, I went back to work and only wear it at night. I still see some swelling and "waves" or "tunnels" in my chin area. My doctor said it is normal and I will fully see results in a few months. I am getting massages in that area and it helps. Is this normal? Everyone tells me to be patient but it also feels a little hard.

Chin swelling after liposuction

+2
Chin swelling should gradually abate and the skin should tighten. This happens so gradually that you may not perceive the changes so be aware that change is incremental. Chin lipo is s wonderful prooedure. You will see the results in photographs and be amazed so remain patient.

Chin

+2

Usually after surgery it takes months for the swelling to subside. After a few months you will be able to see a difference but if you’re not wearing your compression garment it can take longer. See you PS ask what your time frame is for swelling.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Fast healing after chin surgery

+1

It is very common for the swelling following your chin lift. Different degrees of healing occur with chin lifts. Liposuction alone to the area recovers very soon.  Tightening the muscles and skin lifting in the chin area will take longer to heal the deeper tissue.

You are doing all the correct postoperative steps to facilitate your healing. Lymphatic massages work very well to reduce swelling. Firm or hard tissue in that area is common and will go way with time. You should see final results as your doctor stated in a few months.

Andrew Turk, MD
Naples Plastic Surgeon

Chin Liposuction Takes Months To See The Final Result

+1

It will take months for all swelling and tissue adaptation to occur after neck liposuction. As a general rule, when the neck feels soft and all numbness has resolved, you are looking at the final result.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD