How Long Does It Take for BAD Botox Effects to Go Away?

I got botox on 9/12 on the forehead, between the eyes and crows feet and she gave me a couple injections underneath my eyes which I now know is a big No No!! Within a couple days I noticed my eyes became hollow then I got really bad eye bags!! In the past, botox would make my eye bags go away so I didn't get it. I also had juvaderm done at the same time around my smile lines but that's ok. How long do chipmunk cheeks, eye bags and hollowness around eyes last?

Botox Effects

+1
Botox around the eyes does not tend to last as long as some other areas, but it still could take a couple of months to fully diminish.

Duration of BoTox

+1
BoTox, and all forms of Botulinum Toxin A, work by blocking the reuptake of acetylcholine at the neuromuscular junction. By doing so, it inhibits transmission of signals from one neuron to the next at whichever junction it is working on (e.g., neuro junction, sweat gland junction, etc.) The duration of BoTox is typically 3-4 months on average. It can take up to 7 days for it to take effect. Thank you for the question! Hope this helps!

Lewis Albert Andres, MD

+1

Botox on average will last 3-4 months, its best to wait it out till it metabolizes. Juvederm typically lasts 6-8 months

Bad Botox, but good news

+1

Dear Marsha,

Botox, good and bad, lasts between 3-4 months in the average individual. If patients receive injections on a regular basis, then effects have been seen up to 6 months (not common). Regardless, be careful with regard to sleeping as your eyes may not close all the way, get dry, and develop a corneal abrasion. It is important to contact your provider to make certain they are aware of your unwanted results.

Be healthy and be well,

James M. Ridgway, MD, FACS

James M. Ridgway, MD, FACS

Botox lasts for four months

+1

The duration of action for Botox, in most people, is about four months long. Some people with metabolize Botox quicker. Hyaluronic acid fillers, such as Juvederm, generally last about 6-8 months. However, this depends on the exact location that it is injected. Filler in the lips may absorb quicker. Filler in the tear troughs (lower eyelids) may last longer.

Kevin Brenner, MD, FACS

Effect of Botox

+1

The effect of Botox can take as long as 3 weeks to 3 months to disappear.

Jhonny Salomon, MD

Botox Affects to Wear Off

+1

Botox lasts about 2-6 months in patients.  The temporary nature of botox makes its side effects less worrisome.  In some cases, botox or other treatments can be given to redirect muscles to compensate for your effects.  

Anil R. Shah, MD
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bad botox lasts as long as good botox

+1

"Bad" Botox lasts as long as any other Botox but the good news is that some of the results that you might night like may resolve before your Botox is fully gone. When the Botox begins to slowly wear off the parts of the treatment that you were not happy with might resolve

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist

Botox is temporary

+1

The good news is that Botox is always temporary.  The bad news is that it usually lasts 3-4 months.  However, sometimes as the Botox gradually wears off the side effects go away sooner.  Botox works by relaxing muscles.  The muscles under your eyes pump away fluid that naturally collects in that area.  When those muscles are treated with Botox the pumping action is reduced so fluid collects.  That swelling is the bags that you are seeing. Once the Botox wears off you will return to way you were before.

Nancy Swartz, MD
Philadelphia Oculoplastic Surgeon