How Long Can I Get Fillers in My Nose?

ive had 2 disappointing rhinoplastys,and have been left with dentations in my nose,one on the bridge and one on the tip.ive had fillers hyuorlic acid 3 wees ago, but can already see the dents re-appearing,should i have it redone? should i request a differrent filler?how long can you go on having fillers?thanks.

Fillers Failing after Rhinoplasty

+2

There are many fillers besides hyaluronic acids. An appropriate option may be Radiesse, as it is a thicker filler. I would do this in conjunction with your surgeon & perhaps a dermatologist who has extensive experience with all types of fillers. Fillers can be safely repeated every 3-6 months. Sometimes the defects are not amenable to fillers & that is sometimes noted only after a few filler attempts have failed. A skilled surgeon could likely repair the areas with other types of grafts, such as cartilage. If the defects are mostly in the skin-- then fillers such as Radiesse may work.

Fillers after Rhinoplasty

+2

Fillers can make small and exact enhancements that surgery may not be able to address.  Fillers that are injected in the first 6 months after surgery can be incorporated into the overall healing process and may even last longer that those injected in noses that have never been operated on.  The dorsum or bridge of the nose can be corrected with Radiesse, a hydroxyappetite filler, that may be longer lasting and firmer than hyaluronic acid fillers.

Michelle R. Yagoda, MD

Silikon-1000 may be safely used by experienced physicians for permanent improvement of nasal indentations

+2

I read your concern. If you're pleased with the initial appearance of your nose after a treatment with HA, you may want to consider consulting a dermatologist or facial plastic surgeon experienced in the proper application of Silikon-1000, an off-label permanent filler. Most patients require 2-3 treatments for a desired result. In my practice, patient satisfaction is very high. And this is often a better option than a second revision rhinoplasty for many reasons.

Feel free to post or email your photos, and I'll be happy to share my thoughts with you.

Regards from NJ.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fillers after rhinoplasty

+1

HA fillers should work well if applied properly and skin is soft enough to inject the filler. Soon after surgery, the skin still going through the process of healing and is stiff. Would wait a while before retreatment.

Mohsen Tavoussi, MD, DO
Huntington Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon