Fat Transfer Results and Touch-ups

How Long Do Fat Transfers to the Face last and Typically will the Physician do Touch Ups included in cost

Fat Transfer Results and Touch-ups

+1

Fat transfer to the face is permanent once all the non viable fat is gone (~3 months). Touch up of fat grafting varies from each surgeon. Most fat grafted areas will continue to age so repeat fat grafting is necessary.

Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Permanent but needs touch ups

+1

Multi-level fat transfer is permanent but may need touch ups over the years.  Make sure you go to an experienced injector, and feel free to come see me if you are near Beverly Hills.

Babak Azizzadeh, MD

Fat transfer results...

+1

Typical results of a fat transfer restore the natural volume to the patient's face by using their own fat cells.  The fat is injected into the nasal folds, chin,cheek, or eye area.  Using your own fat for injection purposes is a safe, non allergenic procedure.  The fat injected into these areas can become permanent but it is a process of building up the fat in multiple sessions.  Usually a patient will have four to six syringes to use approximately every three months within a years time.  The cost of the additional injections is typically included in the total cost of the procedure.  Consult your plastic surgeon to see if this would be the best option for you. 

Andrew Miller, MD
Edison Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fat Transfer last but touch-ups are TBE.

+1

TBE.  To be expected.  Loss of facial volume from aging is normal and progressive.  As we age, we loose facial fat volume.  This applies to God given fat and Surgeon-transfered fat.  So if you need some more over time then:  Yes, there are fees involved.  But when done properly, one fat transfer operation should last a good few years.

Ritu Chopra, MD

Fat transfer

+1

I agree with the previous surgeon, fat transfers are great in that they are not only permanent, but look and feel natural.  Patients are very glad they get the procedure done and it has a very high satisfaction rate.

Typically touch ups are done about 9-12 months after the first as patients will notice slight changes within that time frame.  Touch-ups are performed usually in patients who are pretty gaunt pre-op and may need some more.  They are usually included in the cost and it should be brought up in the consultation.  Patients usually pay for the supplies and facility fees, but there is no additional surgeon's fee.

Nima Shemirani, MD

Fat Transfer is Permanent

+1

Fat transfer to the face is permanent...but a certain percentage will not take. As to touch ups - this is going to be physician dependent. I make it a policy to offer revision procedures at a nominal cost to cover my supplies. Talk with your physician about his or her policy.

D.J. Verret, MD
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon