I Have a Very Long Face. What Type of Procedures Will Correct my Problem?

I have a long face and am unsure where to start as far as cosmetically correcting it. Will a chin reduction help? After searching on the web there is not much information regarding long faces and how plastic surgery can benefit. What type of procedure should I look into and what kind of a specialist should I schedule a consult with?

Jaw surgery

+1

You should consult with an experienced craniofacial surgeon who is likely to order a cephalometrogram. This test will likely be used to determine your abnormal measurements. Depding on what is found , a variety of options iwll revewed  you will likely recoa

Cheer Up, Why the Long Face?

+1

Hi CV,

It is difficult to advise you about your face without a photo.  A long face may be helped by adding volume to give your face a more oval, less rectangular appearance.  Sculptra is an excellent product to give patients a more "heart shaped" face.  You should consult with a facial plastic surgeon.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Long face

+1

Without an exam or even a photo it is very difficult to say what would be good for your "long face." 

Long face and how to fix it.

+1

If it is a very long face, the best way to fix it is to remove bone from the upper and/or lower jaw by an oral surgeon. This involves wiring the jaws for 6 weeks after. However, you may be satisfied with only a chin reduction which is less surgery and no wiring. One would need to see photos to give a better answer.