How Long Should I Reasonably Expect to Stay Asymetrical After Lower Transconjuctival Blepharoplasty? (photo)

15 days post-op. My surgeon said I had more fat on the right eye so it got more swollen. It's putting up a fight! Was healing fast but now improvement is so gradual I worry it isn't happening at all. Right eye: small and pushed upward (pic 1) I'm not sure what it is called (pic 2) still "gorey" Upper lid still puffier than the left (pic 3). Eye movement is restricted. Get cock eyed when turning eyeball (pic 4) Left eye (addit. photo) in comparison seems great! Been on steroid eye drops and warm compress

Bruising still camouflaging result

+2

Thanks for the photos. I am assuming that your photos are also 15 days post op? Your eyes are still quite bruised in the photos and once it clears your eyes will look much better. At this point as long as your not having any discomfort i would expect things to settle. As I'm sure your aware its not possible to have absolute symmetry of your eyes naturally or surgically.

Vancouver Facial Plastic Surgeon

You Need More Time For Healing

+2

I have reviewed your pictures, and I understand your concerns.  The most important aspect of your pictures that I see is bruising!  You have not had enough time for your body to reabsorb the bruising, so you definitely need more time for the tissues around the eye to heal.  During the healing phase, you will have areas that are uneven.  This will continue to improve for a while, but you will see a great improvement over the next 6-8 weeks.  During this time it is hard to be patient, but you need to allow your body time to heal.  I would continue to follow up with your doctor on a regular basis.

I hope this helps!  

Jonathan Kulbersh, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Healing after lower lid transconjunctival blepharoplasty

+1

Thank you for asking about your lower lid blepharoplasty healing.

• The photos suggest your blepharoplasty healing is normal.
  • One eye always heals faster than the other after blepharoplasty.
  • Picture 4 with restricted eye motion would concern me in a patient of mine.
  • It can be from swelling but be sure your surgeon knows about it, can explain it and sees you regularly. It should steadily if slowly improve.
  • Hope this helps. Best wishes.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD