How Long Does It Takes for Skin to Be Back to Normal After a Salicylic Acid Burn? (photo)

I just had a salicylic chemical peel for my acne. Its 2nd day now, and my face is burned in all the areas treated. The skin is getting dry, patchy and sensitive. Not sure what should i do to get it back to normal. Is it Normal? how long will it take to get better? will it leave scares on my face? please advice.

Salicylic acid peel and burn

+1

Wash gently with a mild cleanser and keep your skin moist with Aquaphor.  Do not pick or scrub and you must avoid the sun for at least the next month.  Once you have stopped peeling, your skin will be pink and you can then apply sunscreen, and makeup if you like.  You should return to your doctor who performed the peel for assessment.  

Toronto Dermatologist