How Long Does It Take to Completely Recover from Liposuction?

I had HIPS, INNER AND OUTER THIGHS AND KNEE liposuction 2 weeks ago. I had a lot of swell and bruising. I had lot of pain in first week,my doctor told me I can come back to my normal life after 1 week, but i still have pain. every night I have to take 2 TRAMADOL 50 MG. my body has sore, its hard to sit and sleep for me but when I walk I feel better. my left leg is numb also my right knee is numb too , I can not come back to my work I am very worried,should I take my pain relief after 2 weeks?

A little time will help

+2

It is very unusual to be fully recovered from liposuction only 1 week after surgery, and some pain at 2 weeks can be normal.  Numbness is unquestionably normal and may persist for some time still.  If your pain does not subside I would recommend followup with your surgeon, but I recommend holding off from strenuous activity for 3 weeks after liposuction.

Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

Real Recovery After Liposuction

+2

I find that most doctor's estimates of recovery from liposuction are way underestimated. Significant discomfort and bruising can be present for several weeks after the procedure. Complete resolution of all swelling can take several months. What you are experiencing sounds very normal, just unexpected on your part.

Web reference: http://www.eppleyplasticsurgery.comom

How long for liposuction

+2
  • Fat will generally take longer to heal than other body tissues
  • The healing process goes through phases
  • Initial watery swelling is usually gone by 2 or 3 weeks
  • Firm, rubbery swelling may take 2 or 3 months to resolve
  • Skin tone should continue to improve and the final result will be seen after 6 months or more
Wichita Plastic Surgeon

Some Discomfort 2 Weeks After Lipo Normal

+2

Thank you for your question.  Unfortunately pain after liposuction can extend beyond two weeks depending on the extent of the liposuction.  One week recovery is not typical.  The numbness you are experiencing is normal and should subside in about 12 weeks.    Compression therapy helps with your comfort.  It is normal to still require pain medications.  Best wishes on your recovery.

Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Pain after 2 weeks following liposuction

+1

This may just take a little longer for you, but a good physical examination by your plastic surgeon would be advised.

Liposuction and pain

+1

Usually liposuction is fairly benign with some soreness. Pain at two weeks is a bit unusual, I would follow closely with your surgeon.