How Long Will It Take to Completely Dissolve Restylane on the Lower Face?

About 6 months usually

+1
Generally, results last about 6 months but this really depends on the patient and amount administered. If you don't like your results, you can wait  it out or talk to your injector about correcting the issue. Hyaluronidase can also be injected to dissolve the product.

Restylane - How Long Will It Take to Completely Dissolve Restylane on the Lower Face?

+1

There is a certain degree of variability from individual to individual but, in my experience, it's about 6-9 months for most parts of the face but less in dynamic areas (ie, the areas that move such as the lips and regions right around the mouth).

Complete dissolution may, therefore, take up to a year (if you mean every last molecule).  From a practical standpoint, though, (and assuming there aren't any granulomas or scar tissue formation) it's about 6-9 months.  And, of course, in some patients it lasts even longer.

I hope that this helps, and good luck,

Dr. E

Alan M. Engler, MD, FACS

How Long Does It Take Restylane to Dissolve

+1

Generally speaking it takes 4-6 months for Restylane to dissolve.

Thanks

Tkaniff

Thomas E. Kaniff, MD
Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon

Duration of Restylane effect

+1

Typically Restylane will last six to twelve months in non dynamic areas of the face such as naso-labial folds and less for dynamic areas such as the lips.

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

How long does it take Restylane to dissolve?

+1

Greetings~

Each person varies in how long it takes for Restylane to dissolve on its own completely...it can also depend on how much was injected.   I agree with Dr. Pelletiere in that it can take 12-18 months for all of it to be gone but you will notice it degrading before then. If you are unhappy with the results from previous treatment, rather than wait you should consider having it injected with Hyaluronidase to dissolve it and then start over with a clean slate.

Good luck~

Dr. Grant Stevens     

Grant Stevens, MD

Restylane Will Dissolve With Hyaluronidase

+1

In general, it takes about a year to a year and half for Restylane or Juvaderm to degrade form the soft tissues.  If someone is unhappy with the look or even the feel of the product, either of these can be dissolved readily with an injecton of hyluronidase into the areas.  This dissolves the hyaluronic acid based fillers pretty quickly.  If you are simply wondering how long until you need another injection, give it a year to a year and a half.  The nice things about either of these products is that they seem to stimulate collagen deposition in the area over time, helping to fill in the areas naturally a little as well.  I hope this helps.

Christopher V. Pelletiere, MD
Barrington Plastic Surgeon