How Long Until You Can Close Eyes Without an Effort After Bilateral Blepharoplasty?

Doctors, First, thank you all so much for participating in this forum. Your expertise is so appreciated. I had a bilateral bleph 10 days ago and I still can't close my eyes without some effort. It just feels tight and like I have to squint a bit in order to keep them closed at night. My swelling on the outside and the bruising are virtually gone, but I'm worried about not being able to easily close my eyes like I used to. My surgeon removed skin, fat, and muscle. Is this normal?

Slightly open

+1

It not unusual to have skin, muscle and fat removed during a blepharoplasty.  Regarding eyelid closure there may still be some residual swelling in the muscles about the eye the can hinder closing.  Continue to follow up with your surgeon so that your progress can be monitored.

Dr. ES