What Can I Do To Correct My Long Chin?

hi, im 20 years of age, and i have a long chin and an under bite, i would like to know wether i could get it fixed with just braces, or will i need corective surgery. if so how long will the recovery take?

Long chin

+2

Your Dr can best tell what you will need. In general a large underbite will need a combo surgery and braces. Lesser bites might need just braces and a chin reduction. After your Dr has taken your records they can show you your problem and what proceedures you will need and what options you might have. Also a second consult with an oral surgeon might be helpfull. Drs also can show you before and after results for different approaches

Chesterfield Orthodontist

Long chin

+1

a long chin and an underbite are a bad combination!  Almost always this will require braces and surgery to fix. Treatment time could range from 1 year to 3 years depending on how much tooth movement is required to insure that your teeth would fit together after the surgery is done

Robert Waxler, DMD, MS
Saint Louis Orthodontist