How Long Will Bruising Last After Liposuction of Muffin Top/ Love Handles?

I'm getting liposuction done on my muffin top/love handles towards the end of this month. Since it is such a sensitive area, I was wondering how much bruising there will be and how soon it will go away? I'm getting married the month after and dont want to go on my honeymoon with a bruised body.

Brusing after lipo may last 3-4 weeks or more.

+1

Bruising cannot be predicted despite the claims of marketers about their devices or products. Although in most instances, most bruising resolves by 3-4 weeks, this is not always true. You may want to put off surgery if this is a very important concern.

Liposuction before wedding

+1

In my experience, most bruising is usually gone in 5 to 10 days. It is rare to have bruising last for 1 month and while it's possible, I doubt you'll experience this. You might try arnica sub-lingual tabs or the gel that you apply to the bruised area, as there are indications arnica helps with bruising. If nothing else, it is soothing. 

That being said, I echo the other doctors' concerns about having such a surgery so close to your wedding date. Six months prior, alright, but a month or two before is cutting it close. Even if the bruising is gone, there might be some sensitivity that you might not want to deal with on a honeymoon of all things.

Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction before a wedding

+1

It is doubtful that you would have bruising more than three weeks to four after liposuction, but you will still have some slight swelling that will not flatter your new physique. The insertion site scars will be more red initially and obvious without clothing. There may be some patchy areas of sensitivity and even numbness, and other areas might be hard to the touch. I would suggest you wait until after the wedding and for you to have liposuction.

Not a good idea to have major surgery so close to your wedding day

+1

Liposuction is a same day surgery. Bruising lasts 3 weeks "or so". Certain supplements can reduce swelling and bruising. Swelling can last a few months. True but - yada, yada, yada.

What IF you are the uncommon patient that has a complication? Even a simple complication that will take only time to resolve may completely screw up your wedding and memories of a lifetime.  Unless you are a gambler, why take such chances? I would strongly advise you to reconsider your timing.

Liposuction and bruising

+1

Usually bruising from liposuction goes away within a week or two but swelling may last several months. You may be cutting it close for your wedding.

We have a simple rule in the office - No surgery within 2 months of a wedding.

+1

Liposuction for the muffin top is great.  Bruising is typically gone in 3 weeks but occasionally will persist much longer.  My experience is that people get much more stressed out as they closer to the wedding date.  Another issue is are you going to still be sore from your liposuction?  I have seen the soreness last for a couple of months.

This is on the outside of what most experience but you are not most people because most people do not get liposuction just before getting married.  Will you be too sore to enjoy your nuptial bed with your husband?  That would not be so good.

Web reference: http://www.lidlift.com

Most bruising from liposuction lasts 1-2 weeks

+1

Most bruising from liposuction lasts only 1-2 weeks.  Taking arnica sublingual tabs helps cut down on the bruising and swelling. 

Web reference: http://www.TheBestLipoDoc.com/drdavidhansen/landing/

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon