How long does bruising take to go?

hello, i had restylane in tear troughs... and then after 1 month i had a follow up appoint to put in more restylane as i was not satisfied as needed to be filled more..... its been 11 days and i still have what seems like bruising..... how long does it take for the bruises to go away totally?!

How long does bruising from fillers take to go away

+2

Bruising can last for 10-14 days on average, though it can be longer for some patients or in thinner-skinned areas like the tear troughs. It will resolve and hopefully makeup can cover the bruises until then.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

How long does bruising take to go?

+2

It's very common to have swelling and bruising after having a filler injected to the tear troughs due to thin skin around the eyes. Give it 2-3 weeks to settle before seeing your final result

Bruising in tear trough with restylane

+2

It is very common to have bruising in tear troughs with fillers. It often takes two weeks or more to fully resolve, so be patient. If you have no swelling you can use warm compresses

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist

Bruising after filler

+2

Fillers placed near the lower lid tear trough region commonly bruises.I warn patients it is the rare patient that does not. Bruising time will vary usually it is gone in one to two weeks.

Bruisestick ointment for bruising

+1

Bruising can be improved with the application of an Arnica ointment known as Bruisestick used twice daily. 

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

How long does bruising take to go away following treatment with filler?

+1

It can take up to 2 weeks for bruising following treatment with fillers to resolve, and sometimes longer depending on the patient. I would recommend following up with your provider regarding any post-treatment concerns, as he/she will be able to examine you in person and provide you with advice. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Bruising After Restylane Injections

+1

I commonly use Restylane to fill in the tear troughs. It is fairly common for bruising to last up to 2 weeks, but what you see may not be bruising but the Restylane placed too superficially. I would encourage you to see a dermatologic surgeon who can do a proper diagnosis and dissolve the filler if necessary or perform a pulse dye laser treatment to speed the resolution of the bruise.

Mitchel P. Goldman, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon