How Long Does It Take You Breasts to Recover, if Your Lucky Retract, Firm/fluff Up After Implant Removal?

I had 275cc partial implants just over 3 months ago, which I hated following a horrible hospital experience. They came out huge on my petite frame. I had them removed 9 days ago, and they are smaller than before, and sagging although I can tell everyday they seem to look better than the day before. I am also experiencing pins and needle type sensations. Can you recommend anything for recovery to help?

Tissue contraction is a process

+2

We typically consider the time for scars to mature and tissues to stabilize after surgery to be on the order of 9 months to a year at least.  In the case of breast implant removal, if the capsule around the implant is left in place, this process may not take quite as long as the capsule is already mature.  Most of the time I find that breasts tend to stabilize at around 4 to 6 months after removal of implants, although, everyone is different, and the only real way to know is to simply observe the changes in the breasts and take note of when there does not appear to be any further change.  As for the pins and needles, those sensations are very common in healing tissues, and they can likewise take up to a year or longer to resolve.  They are due to nerve healing and regeneration, and sometimes they are associated with numbness which may or may not resolve in that time frame.  Good luck.

Time for Full Retraction after Removal of Breast Implants?

+2

Difficult to predict exactly how long it will take for the breasts to “bounce back” after removal of breast implants. Much will depend on factors such as genetics, quality of skin elasticity, size of breast implants... Best to expect 6 months to one year time period before evaluating the “end results”.  You may find the attached link helpful to you, describing patients' experiences after removal of breast implants.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/breast-implant-removal.htm

+2

How much recovery toward normal is not predictable. Improvement can continue for 3 to 6 months, and until they stop improving, you will not know the end point. There is nothing that is known to speed up the process. All the best. 

Healing after implant removal

+1

For most women, it takes about 6 months for the breast to heal and recover after implant removal. You are in the very early stages of healing. Helpful things to do include avoiding excessive activities, and medication and herbs that would increase bleeding. Follow your surgeon's suggestions for post operative care. After 6 months, you can consider other options, like fat grafting to the breast or lifts, if necessary.

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon