How Long Would a Breast Lift Actually Last if I Don't Gain/lose/conceive (36D)?

I have completed my family and would like to have a breast lift as I have moderate to sever sagging. I dont need augmentation nor reduction, simply a lift. How long will the lift actually last after surgery? (5 years/10 years/20 years?) Also I have heard about stitching the breast internally to the chest bone to help support the lift longer. Is this a common practice that most surgeons can and do do. Is it recommended to do tummy tuck and lift in same surgery even if estimated for 7 hours?

Breast lift longevity

+1

The longevity of a breast lift is very difficult to predict.  It depends upon many factors including the quality of the tissues, the volume of breast tissue, genetics, smoking history, sun exposure, diet, etc..

How long does a breast lift last?

+1

Thank you for the photo.

How long a breast lift will last depends on several factors: the genetics of your skin, the weight of your breast after the lift, and the type of lift performed.

If you have very heavy breasts, gravity will have more of an effect.  In most patients, assuming good skin tone, a breast lift will last several years.

Michael A. Jazayeri, MD
Santa Ana Plastic Surgeon

Longevity of results after breast lift

+1

Mastopexy, or breast lift, should ideally reposition the nipple and breast higher on the chest wall, reshape the breast tissue into a more perky shape, and remove any excess skin. There are numerous techniques available to do this, and the results vary for each patient. The effects of gravity, the weight of the breast tissue and the elasticity of the skin all contribute to the expected duration of the results. It is often possible to maintain satisfactory results for 5-10 years after surgery.

Olivia Hutchinson, MD

Longevity of breast lift depends on surgeon, your tissues and your lifestyle

+1

If your surgeon has the philosophy of placing the tension on the deep tissues of the breast, you will have a long lasting result. If the tension is placed on the skin, it may only last  a few years. See a number of surgeon who have experience operating on patients with large breasts.
Hope this was helpful.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Breast lift very long lasting with vertical technique.

+1

Hi.

The key is not to rely on tightening the skin.  Vertical technique (Lejour, lollipop scar) lifts the breast from the inside.  Particularly for breast lift, doing the correct operation is crucial.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

SEE VIDEO: Combined breast lift without implants and tummy tuck

+1

IF you remain at a stable weight, I would venture to estimate that your lift would last approximately 10-15 years. However, menopause may also play a role. Although your risks for blood clots are elevated for a prolonged surgery, your overall risks depend on your health and I would discuss this with the surgeon.

A breast lift actually last

+1

On average 5 to 8 years under the strict criteria you have outlined. Yes, most place a few "deep" sutures to the chest wall. I preform this combination frequently, but NOT in 7 hours usually 4 to 5 hours is needed. Hope this helps you. From MIAMI Dr. B

Longevity of a breast lift depends most on your tissue

+1

The technique of breast lifting is really important to get the best shape and look but the LONGEVITY of a well toned, perky, lifted breast depends entirely on your tissue and skin elasticity.  Beast lift patients all have less than optimal tissue elasticity, hence the need for a lift.  But some are better than others and those are the ones that will last the best.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Longevity of breast lift

+1

How long the anatomy will remain stable after a lift is really unknown. Everyone's tissues and lifestyles are different. That is why some women have breasts that sag naturally and other women with multiple pregnancies have perky breasts. How long they last for you is determined by how long you want them to last.  Some women will have touch-up lifts soon after because they like to maintain an appearance, and some will age gracefully and happily because they are less concerned with their breasts as the grow older. There are certain tricks we use to try to make the surgeries more long lasting but they are rather unpredictable for individuals.

As far as multiple surgeries and length of surgery, each surgeon has his or her own criteria. Safety is of primary concern since the procedures are elective. However, the vast majority of breast lifts and abdominoplasty combinations I do are done simultaneously and safely, usually under 5 hours.

Robin T.W. Yuan, MD