How Long Does It Take for Your Breast to Heal After Breast Reduction?

I had breast reduction in January of 09, My breast are still very sore where the scars are. The stitches hurt really bad especially when I wear a bra they are very uneven and the scars are really thick and very noticable. When I first got it done they were lifted now they are hanging again.

Breast Reduction Healing?

+1

It is difficult to give you good lives without direct examination. Based on your description of your you may be a candidate for revision surgery to improve the “hanging” and scar revision surgery. Discuss your questions and concerns with your plastic surgeon directly.

Breast reduction

+1

You forgot to  mention how long ago it was since yoru surgeyr. If it is within one year then the scars may need some times to mature.  If it is longer, perhaps they can be revised?

How long for breasts to heal after reduction

+1

Swelling can persist for a minimum of 6-9 months after surgery. Therefore it is quite common to experience persistent swelling and occasional tenderness espeicially if liposuction is used as well. Furthermore, it isdifficult to assess the final size unitil that time has transpired.

Painful breasts after Breast Reduction

+1

I am sorry to hear about your breast Reduction experience. It is by no means typical. By four months after Breast Reduction surgery, Your breasts should NOT be sore and the stitches should long have dissolved and not bother you. Although the healing process proceeds as long as a year with the scars being constantly re-modeled, by 6-10 months you are essentially looking at the end result. You may wish to speak to your surgeon to see if he can advise you on how to flatten your scars. various modalities are available but they are most effective in the early period after surgery.