How Long Does a Brazilian Butt Lift Last? What is the longevity of it?

Hi, I really want a brazilian butt lift but I am hearing from people that it is temporary and does not last. What is the longevity of it? Does it depend on what surgeon you go to? Please provide me with more information or if implants are a better long-term option. Thanks!

A Brazilian Butt Lift Lasts

+1

Brazilian But Lift has Lasting Power
The short answer is NO ONE KNOWS FOR SURE how much will survive the immediate transfer procedure but we do know that long term those fat cells will have longevity.. There are a lot of variables to consider. For example the make up of the recipient site - is it already composed of just fat (like the buttocks) or mostly fat but also breast tissue (more fat in middle age than in women in their twenties), or in an area where there is no fat (lips for example where fat transfer works but less seems to survive.  Blood supply, and also the rate of which the surrounding fat tends to atrophy (disappears with age) will give you the illusion that it is the transferred fat that is not surviving rather that the native tissue. I think think of several other variables but you get the point. Further as the fat transferred behaves like fat from the donor site, if you gain a lot of weight the fat transfer will also increase with volume, and the opposite will happen if you lose weight.
My experience however is that fat transfer is a good procedure for both locations with many advantages over implants if a modest gain is desired. Implants can be selected if you do not get enough gain with fat transfers (which can be repeated). Implants in general have a long recovery process with limitations of activities and have their own set of problems

Buttock Augmentation Options

+1

Allow me to share with you what you may not hear from others.  Currently the only two safe and effective methods for Buttock Augmentation are Autologous Fat Transfer (transfer of your own fat to the buttocks, aka "Brazilian Butt Lift") and Buttock Implants (semi-solid soft silicone rubber implants).  Both are very good options so what it comes down to, like any surgery, is proper patient selection.  Indeed because at least 50+ % of the fat transferred will melt away within a year, most patients are not good candidates because they lack an adequate amount of fat to harvest.  Thus buttock implants become a very good, safe, predictable, and long term reliable option for most patients seeking buttock augmentation (at least in my practice). I personally recommend either the round or the oval shaped implants dependent upon the natural anatomic shape of the patient's buttock cheeks.  The implant is typically inserted through a 2 ½ inch long incision over the tailbone (concealed within the crevice between the top of the buttock cheeks).  The implant should always be placed under or within the gluteus maximus muscle.  In this position, the implant is less palpable, less visible, and does not sag or shift/migrate over time unlike implants placed on top of the muscle.  Therefore it is extremely important to seek consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in this technique.  Additionally, in this type of surgeons hands the often quoted "high risks" of complications especially infection are actually much lower around 5%. Hope this helps...RAS

Ryan Stanton, MD