How Long Does a Brazilian Butt Lift Last? What happens if it dies in your buttocks, is that safe?

I was curious to know how long a brazilian butt lift lasts? I know the fat has a tough time surviving, what happens if it dies in your buttocks, is that safe? Should I be worrying about health risks or it looking bad down the line... or it going away eventually? Thanks so much for addressing my concerns! I don't really know anyone that has had one for a few years.

Brazilian butt left how long does it last

+2

The Brazilian butt lift is a liposuction fat injection. When you do the fat injection you're doing a free  graft. This is similar to a skin graft. When you put the fat into the buttocks it initially has no blood supply. After several days the blood vessels will grow into the fat cells and keep the fat cells alive.

In the best case scenario 65 to 70% of the fat cells are put in should live. So that means 35 to 30% die. In my experience my patients buttocks will decrease in size for the 1st 2 to 3 weeks after that the size is maintained. After the fat cells have gained a blood supply they will act like any other fat cells in the body. If you lose weight the buttocks will get smaller and if you gain weight the buttocks will get there. But after the liposuction fat injection your shape will be forever changed. So far as the dead cells the body would absorb the cells like any other wound in the body. You're at risk for infection early on but once you have field you are in no further risk from those dead fat cells and the injected living fat cells are your own tissue and react as fat cells in any other part of the body.

Brazilian Butt Lift Longevity

+2

As others have said, after transfer, ~60-75% of fat cells will survive.  The fat that survives after 3 months postoperatively will then live forever in its new location (i.e. the buttocks).  In theory then, the results obtained at 3 months following a Brazilian butt lift are permanent.  However, the body will still age and change with time, just like someone who has not undergone a Brazilian butt lift.

Jaime Perez, M.D.

Brazilian Butt Lift Specialist in Tampa, FL

Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa, FL

Jaime Perez, MD

Longevity of fat grafts with BBL

+2

Approximately 60-80% of the fat that is grafted or transferred from unwanted areas to the buttocks in the brazilian buttock lift will remain permanently.  This is on the average, meaning some cases may retain a higher percentage and some a lower percentage.  The surgical technique and candidate are critical to obtaining a good result, therefore a surgeon experienced in these techniques and one that is Board Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery is very important.  The fat that remains permanently will also be subject to significant weight fluctuactions.

Sean A. Simon, MD

How Long Does a Brazilian Butt Lift Last?

+1
After the first 6 weeks, the result is stable and permanent. Yes, there are studies to document long term retention.

Longevity of Brazilian Butt lift

+1

The results are long lasting.  Fat is permanently removed from your midsection, and permanently transferred to your buttock.  You should know your results (how much fat has survived) at about 6-12 weeks.  Weight fluctuations will affect your buttock the same way it would before surgery.  

Dennis Dass, MD

Brazilian Butt Lift Results Should be Permanent

+1

Hi there-

Whatever the outcome is at 6-8 weeks should be permanent. Visit a qualified Plastic Surgeon to see if you are a candidate.

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

Brazilian Buttock lift

+1

in Brazilian Butt Lift, about 60-80% of the fat will survive and stay forever. The fat that does not take is absorbed by the body, no ill health effect. Some will form oil cysts and some will form fat necrosis and hard lumps that need to be treated.