I have a small gap between my two front teeth. How long will I need braces? (Photo)

I already had braces once so my teeth are straight; however I have a small gap between my two front teeth. It's only one millimeter wide, but my orthodontist said braces was the only way to close the gap. Could a retainer close the gap too?

Fixing gaps in teeth with braces

If the only thing that you need to close the gap between your two front teeth then it should not take too long (possibly 6 months or so) but often the gap is only a part of what the problem is. In order to properly treat you need to make sure that there is a good relationship between both your upper and lower teeth. Speak to your dentist to determine what needs to be corrected before moving forward.

Mississauga Cosmetic Dentist