I have a small gap between my two front teeth. How long will I need braces? (Photo)

I already had braces once so my teeth are straight; however I have a small gap between my two front teeth. It's only one millimeter wide, but my orthodontist said braces was the only way to close the gap. Could a retainer close the gap too?

Fixing gaps in teeth with braces

+1
If the only thing that you need to close the gap between your two front teeth then it should not take too long (possibly 6 months or so) but often the gap is only a part of what the problem is. In order to properly treat you need to make sure that there is a good relationship between both your upper and lower teeth. Speak to your dentist to determine what needs to be corrected before moving forward.

Mississauga Cosmetic Dentist