How Long Do You Think I Will Need Braces for my over Bite and Crowding?

Hi.I'm 19 yrs old and I'm going to get braces soon. I Have crowding on the top & bottom of my teeth and there's 2 teeth in front that are vampire teeth. And a little over bite. How long do you think my teeth can get fixed? Since I'm adult does that mean my teeth will take longer to straighten? Can you please give me an estimate?

How Long and How Much

+1

Dificult to diagnose without more information but sounds likie a fairly conventional orthodontic treatment.

Question: Should permanent teeth be extracted to gain space?  Depends on severity of crowding AND depends on your facial profile, If your lip profile is full extraction may be needed, if the profile is flatter it may be possible to expand arches and avoid extraction, we have to extract in about 10 to 15% pf cases.  Probably about two years to do the work, being an adult will not slow you down, in our office cost would be about $5500 to $5800, and it does not sound like a good invisalign case but could re evaluate if we had more information.

Phoenix Orthodontist

Treatment time for OverBite & Crowding

+1

Dear NewGirl55, 

Its very hard to give proper estimate of time and cost without full diagnostic photos, x-rays, evaluation. However, to give you a rough estimate, this would take 16-24 months.  We can treat you with invisalign or braces though many doctors shy away from invisalign treatment for more complex cases.  We have not yet rejected any orthodontic cases for invisalign. The cost of invisalign is not much more than braces at least in our office. We do braces as well. The success of invisalign depends on experience of your doctor and patient compliance.  The rough estimate of cost would be something between $200 to $300 per month. Hope this helps. We would be happy to give you a complimentary evaluation and provide you with exact information. 

New York Cosmetic Dentist

How long

+1

Unfortunately this is just not enough info to give you an acurate idea.  Some horrible looking problems can be corrected in a short period of time and other problems that do not look bad can take 2 or more years to fix!  Any good orthodontist would be happy to give you an estimate after he/she gets a chance to review all the necessary info

Saint Louis Orthodontist

Orthdodontic treatment time.

+1

it's almost impossible to give an accurate treatment time estimate without orthodontic records and exam.  Most orthodontists offer free consultation, it would be a better idea to see one and get an idea.

Lombard Orthodontist