6 years after my first rhinoplasty I decided to correct my to scopped nosebridge and my asymmetric nosetip. The surgent used rib cardlige from a cadaver to correct the nosebridge. The issue now: my nosebrige is way to high. I don't have a dent in between my nosebrige and my forhead. -I have to shorten the nosebrige after 4 months post surgery because my wedding is coming up and I feel hideaus, is this possible from the medical point of view?
To Long and Boxy Nosebridge After Rhinoplasty Revision
Doctor Answers (4)
Promoted Local Answer Promoted local answers are based on Featured Doctor activity within your current location.
You'll probably need to have the rib-cartilage removed from your nose to lower the height of your nasal bridge.
I read your concern. Even though revision rhinoplasty was only 4 months ago, depending on your healing, you may be a candidate to have your rib-graft removed. I doubt the height of your bridge will diminish spontaneously, and it may be feasible to remove the graft now. You should consult a reputable, revision rhinoplasty specialist comfortable in the use of irradiated rib cartilage to see if you're a candidate for removal.
After the graft is removed, you could be evaluated for a Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty procedure before your wedding.
I hope this is helpful for you.
Web reference: http://nosejobphotos.com/
Lowering the bridge of the nose after graft placement
Four months is a little soon after your revision rhinoplasty surgery to consider another revision surgery as there is still some swelling in the nose. The classic teaching is to wait 9-12 months or more. However, I do absolutely appreciate your concern about your upcoming wedding. I would address the issue with your surgeon to see if she/he feels that the height of the bridge is due to the graft or swelling over the graft. Be very specific about what is bothering you and make sure you understand all of your options moving forward.
All the best,
Web reference: http://www.mehtaplasticsurgery.com/rhinoplasty/
Since you are only 4 months out from your previous rhinoplasty surgery, I think it is a bit too early to revise it. The dorsal cartilage graft can be taken down a bit if it is too high, but I would wait a few more months.
You might also like...
Fullness Nasal Bridge after Revision Rhinoplasty
Unfortunately, having a revision 4 months after nasal augmentation can be problematic. Discuss your alternatives with your surgeon who is most familiar with your nose and knows exactly what was done.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.
You might also like...
Ask a Doctor
Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.