How Long Will Botox Chipmunk Look Last?

I saw a top notch, well respected, Harvard Med School Grad MD for Fraxel Restore. He recommended botox at the same time for the best result. I have had botox before and knew I didn't requre much. So I requested a minimal amount. The shots in my crows feet have caused, as I now know from this site, botox chipmunk cheeks; normal cheeks head south and turns a smile into a grimmace. Is there anything to be done? What is the best estimate about how long waiting it out will take. The depression is crushing.

Your doctor may be able to weaken other muscles to improve it

+1

If you have a chipmunk look, your doctor may be able to weaken other muscles to improve it. It can’t be reversed, but results can almost always be refined if you are going to an experienced physician. For more information on BOTOX visit my website.

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Swollen cheeks from Botox

+1

If nearby muscles are affected by the Botox being placed too close to these adjacent muscles, then other facial areas might be affected. If the levator muscles of the mouth muscle are affected by the Botox, then some of the mouth may drop. It may last for three months or more. If you try to animate your facial muscles every day a few times, then you might notice a quicker time to recover your function.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Botox chipmunk look last.

+1

From 3 to 6 months the effects of this BOTOX injection can last. Sorry for the issue but it does self correct over this time frame.

From MIAMI Dr. B

Botox side effects

+1

Sometimes too much botox or botox injected too close to other muscles can cause temporary weakening of those muscles as well. Fortunately, those side effects are typically short acting and often resolve in two to three weeks. Occasionally, it can take longer. Continued use of that muscle may restore movement faster. I hope this information helps.

Scott Trimas, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox causing chipmunk cheeks

+1

The orbicularis muscle is complex.  While it causes crows feet wrinkles, it also elevates the cheekpad.  So Botox injections must be weighed against the potential pitfalls in this region.  There are certain anatomic configurations that predispose to this phenomenon.

Deactivating the lateral orbicularis can cause a chipmunk cheek look in some patients. 

As more and more practitioners without aesthetic training are performing injections, we are seeing many more of these complaints.

Brent Moelleken, MD

Duration of Botox effects

+1

The good news about botox therapy is if you do not like your result it will resolve spontaneously as it is not a permanent treatment. Typically botox lasts for 3-4 months however there is variability amongst providers and location injected, amount used, dilution, etc.

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox and descended cheeks

+1

Sometimes patients or doctors desire to chase the crow's feet onto the cheeks a bit too much and then the patient can not smile well.  This may show up as lower cheeks.  It will last a few months.