How long will it take before I can walk around and do normal things after liposuction?

I am 18 years old and am getting liposuction of the abdomen lower and upper part. Arms, armpit, entire back and flanks. As well as getting a fat transfer to the butt. Or bbl. I am still in high school and just wanted to know would it be possible to say go get it done during spring break and by the time spring break is done go to school ?( 10 days ) . Or just going during the summer time. . I kinda wanted to do it before graduation. But if the healing time takes a while I'll go during the summer.

Returning to activity after liposuction and BBL

+2
You should be walking the night of and the day after surgery, regardless of what surgery you have performed. You will be slow and sore, but should be up and about. For liposuction, expect to be sore for several weeks, but you should be able to be back at school. The BBL is the one procedure that most patients underestimate in terms of recovery. I would suggest that you avoid sitting directly on the areas that were grafted for a month. This is actually difficult to do and might make sitting in class cumbersome, because you should only be putting pressure on the very bottom edge of the buttocks by sitting all the way at the edge of the chair. Basically, you shouldn't lounge or rest using the back support of the chair. I realize that at 18, you are considered an adult by many people, but I would want to know that you fully understand the risks and benefits of the procedure completely before having anything done.  

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Walking after Liposuction

+1
You could easily have liposuction and return to work or school within ten days.  The limiting factor in this equation is definitely the fat transfer to the buttocks or BBL.  I ask my patients to limit the amount of time sitting for 1 week following BBL.  This could be an issue once you return to school and are required to sit the majority of an 8 hour day.  The safest bet for you would probably be to wait until you can devote several weeks to your recovery in order to receive your best results.

Christopher J. Morea, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Recovery after Liposuction

+1
Thank you for your question. In general terms, you should be up and walking as soon as possible and may resume vigorous exercise approximately six weeks after surgery depending on the extent of the lipsuction. However, if you are having a fat transfer/possible BBL and returning to school soon afterwards then you should follow your surgeon's specific activity restrictions. Best of luck to you.

Mark Deutsch, MD

+1
Best to ask your surgeon who has examined you in person. In general 10 days is enough to return to school, but there are always exceptions... 

BBL and liposuction

+1
Usually patients can go back to desk work or school within a week or so .  You may be a bit sore, but should be ok within that ten day period.  Good luck.

Liposuction Recovery

+1
First week around the house; second week out of the house. You are encouraged to ambulate early to avoid blood clots. Ten days is not a lot of time to get back to school and feel comfortable moving around and sitting in a classroom (bbl). Doing the procedure in the summer gives you much more time to recuperate. Consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

George C. Peck, Jr, MD
West Orange Plastic Surgeon

Walking after liposuction is encouraged

+1
I would place no restrictions on walking even immediately after the operations you list. However specific direction should be given to you by your surgeon and your surgeon only.