How Long Before I Can Have Surgery Again for Droppy Eye Lids?

Had surgery 8 years ago for droppy eyelids, notice they are starting to droop, can I have surgery again?

Generally you can have a second surgery soon after the first

+1

Generally you can have a second surgery soon after the first, if a correction is needed. It is best to let some time pass for the bruising to disappear and swelling to go down so the correct position of the lid can be seen. But 8 years is long enough for sure.

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Droopy eyelids-time again

+1

If there is drooping of your eyelids and you don't like the appearance or it affects your vision then yes you can have it done again.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Redo blepharoplasty depends on need not time.

+1

Hi, you can receive another blepharoplasty if both your plastic surgeon and you believe that your eyelids have begun  to sag again.  This is normal aging process.  Sometimes, however, it is not sagging skin but hollowness that makes the eyelids appear droopy, so fat grafting may be the answer instead.  Similarly, sometimes it is actually the brows that are droopy and thereby making the eyelids look droopy.  If that is the case then a browlift may be more appropriate.

There is no set time for redo blepharoplasty.  The operation is determined by need not time.  So at 8 years out since your blepharoplasty it would be fine if you need another  

Steve Lee, MD

Surgery For Droppy Eyelids

+1

There is no set time period as to when you may revise, or have additional work performed to your eyelids if you are past the initial healing period. Specifically, this being the time when all of your swelling has disappeared, and the final result of your primary surgery is evident. It really depends on your individual circumstances, and what your goal is with any future surgery. Thank you, and I hope this helps.

Dr. Nassif

Paul S. Nassif, MD

+1

The short answer is that yes, 8 years is enough for you to have a re-operation if it is indicated.  However, what is the nature of your droopy eyelids now compared to the droopy nature 8 years ago.  You may find out that you need a different surgery then before.

Sam Goldberger, MD
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

+1

There is no hard and fast rule as everyone is different. However, you may be a better candidate for a brow lift (which will tighten the upper eyelid skin) rather than a blepharoplasty.

Anand D. Patel, MD
Austin Facial Plastic Surgeon

Repeat Blepharoplasty not unusual

+1
It is not unusual for patients to require another blepharoplasty if excess skin is noticed again down the road. That typically takes 10 or more years, but 8 years is not that unusual. As long as your eyelids are otherwise normal and have normal function, then another blepharoplasty will get rid of the redundant skin.
Andrew C. Campbell, M.D.
Board Certified Facial Plastic Surgeon

Andrew Campbell, MD
Milwaukee Facial Plastic Surgeon

Secondary Eyelid Surgery

+1

Yes, if you are starting to show signs of drooping eyelids, it is possible to have surgery again.  Without pictures or more medical history, it is impossible for us to give you more specific advice.  However, the best advice to have a surgical evaluation and if you are a good candidate to go ahead with the surgery.

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD

Droopy eyelids

+1

You certainly area  candidate to get re-evaluated and see why you have droopy eyelids. Do you have ptosis of the eyelids or do you have eyebrow descent?

+1

Obtain at least 3 opinions before having another ptosis surgery is my advise. From MIAMI Dr. Darryl j. Blinski