Hi, I'm having surgery on the 18th of July and hopefully plan to go to a wedding on the 27th. Would this be possible? If any more details as to the surgery let me know.
How Long Before I Can Go to a Social Event After Rhinoplasty?
Doctor Answers 3
Time Required To Recover After A Rhinoplasty
Every patient heals differently depending on several points. Mainly, the healing speed/pace depends on the type of surgery (open vs closed with more vs less healing time respectively), the type of skin the patient has (the thicker the longer of healing time is required), the diet, the level of invasion the surgeon applies onto the tissues, etc.
Based on the aforementioned healing "facilitators", the average patient takes about 10-14 days to be able to be socially and professionally active given that the patient does not engage in moderate to heavy exercises.
As you can tell, many variables come into play when you are considering a 9 days post-op mark especially that you did not undergo the surgery yet and there is no way you can predict your status at that time before undergoing the procedure.
I hope this helps.
Thank you for your post and the best of luck to you.
Have a question? Ask a doctor
Recovery time after a rhinoplasty
Rhinoplasty recovery varies tremendously from patient to patient. Many patients feel comfortable at one week going to work at one week and being socially active at 2 weeks. Please beware of the following factors which can alter healing time:
- Surgeon- some surgeons will have gentler technique and more accurate tissue dissection. these patients will tend to have less swelling and bruising
- Technique- patients typically with closed techniques tend to heal faster than open. this is in part because closed rhinoplasty patients typically have less change to the nose (especially the nasal tip).
- Skin thickness- thicker skin patients will require more healing time than thinner skinned patients.
- Projection- Noses which are projected during the procedure heal faster than noses that are deprojected
- Pre and postoperative adherence- Avoidance of blood thinners, using tape and kenalog when appropriate and complying with ice and avoidance of salty food can all help to expedite healing after a rhinoplasty
- Individual healing- Every individual has some unique aspects which can make healing longer
Social events after rhinoplasty
You might also like...
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.