How Long Before Sculptra Dissipates Completely?

Hi, 5 vials Nov/Apr 2008/09 & 2 vials Aug 2009 gave a wonderful result. 1 extra vial(8th)in Oct 2010 in cheekbones to raise a jowl ruined my face with over-large broad cheekbones. It's now May 2011. What to do?

I've heard a top-up up to 36 months later can rejuvenate original effect, so will sculptra effect ever dissipate completely so I can start again without fear of this result springing back? If so,how many depressing years will that be?! Thank you very much for your advice.

Over correction with Sculptra

+2

Unfortunately there is no great safe way in which you can have extra Sculptra removed.  This in fact, is extra collagen that was formed as a result of your Sculptra as well as the Sculptra molecule.  It can last more than two years and a slight amount may last much longer. Attempt at surgical removal may leave you with unsightly scarring.

Web reference: http://www.thenyac.com/sculptra/index.html

Wait before more Sculptra treatments and find a qualified physician

+1

The results or effect from Sculptra slowly resolve over 2-4 years. At this time I would wait before considering more fillers so your face can come back to a more acceptable shape. While Sculptra is an outstanding filler which I use on many patients, it does take some artistic and medical expertise to inject. That is why it is so important to go to a qualified physician. Seeing a physician now can help you both decide on what treatment or treatments would be best in the future.

Web reference: http://www.gbkderm.com/medical-procedures/injectables/sculptra/

San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

How long until all the Sculptra dissolves

+1

The results of Sculptra revolumizing last approximately 24-36 months.  Discuss the undesired result of your last injection with your doctor before you have any other injections. 

There are other methods of dealing with jowls.  The pre-jowl sulcus can be injected to minimize the appearance of jowls.  Or a skin tightening laser procedure can be done to tighten the area.

Short Hills Dermatologic Surgeon