How long before scraping down cartilage from ear?

I had a rhinoplasty which resulted in a saddle. I had another which took cartilege from my ear. It resulted in a large painful bump on one side on the top My skin stings and is reddish at the bump. The nose is asymmetrical and the bump makes me a little dizzy. Would scraping relieve the stinging? Should I wait a year for the rest of the nose to settle down so that the nose can be shaped accurately?. It took my nose three years to settle down the last time. Thanks.

Painful nose after revision rhinoplasty using auricular cartilage

+1

Typically, I would recommend a year between subsequent surgical interventions on a nose. You mentioned tenderness that persists, this can linger for quite some time, and I would not consider that to be a sign of a problem. If some asymmetry persists after a year, then this may be more of a persistent feature in which time something can be done. However, one also should realize that perfection may not be obtainable, some irregularities may persist on account of inherent irregularities to the cartilage graft from the ear, which itself is not entirely without irregularities. Proceed cautiously and seek the opinion of your surgeon who may have valuable insight.

Albany Facial Plastic Surgeon