How Long Before Scar Revision Scars on Face Heal?

I had scar revision on my cheeks. The scars now look worse. They are indented. How long will it take them to get better and will they eventually fill in?

Fractional CO2 Laser Resurfacing helps smooth and contour scars

+1

With out much needed information regarding the type, depth, cause, age, and previous treatment of your existing scars it is very difficult to recommend a clinical course of action.

If these are acne scars and were treated with either one of the current modalities of resurfacing of scars, namely laser abraision, dermabrasion, and chemical peel (chemabrasion) one may need to wait a full year to 18 months to heal and allow reorganization of the scar tissue and new growth of the skin over it. In the mean time using a good quality moisturizer and staying out of the sun and tanning beds will help tremendously to prevent further photodamage and pigment problems.

If the scars were excised (cut out) and sutured back together, an earlier resurfacing procedure may be beneficial...usually anywhere from 6 weeks to 6 months depending upon how well the area is healing.

Topical silicone gel will usually accelerate healing of this injury.

Mobile Facial Plastic Surgeon

Look of scar revision

+1

That is impossible to say from the sparse information in your post. In order to answer this I would need to know what the initial injury was and how it was treated, what you looked like before the revision, what exactly was done at the time of revision and what you look like now.

Aaron Stone, MD