How Long Before Rhinoplasty Revision?

I am a 21 year old female and three weeks ago had rhinoplasty to correct a deviated septum, droopy tip and overprojecting bump. I foolishly trusted every word the surgeon said and I came out looking like a pig/cow creature. This is not an overexaggeration, I am too ashamed to leave the house and though my ps said the tip will drop the bridge is ski-sloped and even in its swollen state looks like a tiny elf nose of a humans face! How long until I can have a revision and can it be fixed?

Sorry you are so Upset

+1

Don't regret your rhinoplasty just yet.  The swelling is what's ulling the tip up and I am sure this will settle significantly.  When this happens the ski slope will be much less noticeable and much more aesthetic.  However, if a revision were necessary I would try to wait at least 3 months and probably even push you out to 6 months.  At that time most of the swelling is gone and you will get a better long term result.  Good luck and try to be patient, Dr. Schuster from Boca Raton.

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Minimum of 3 Months Before Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

I am so sorry this has happened.  First of all, it is still early, so I would give things some time to improve-  likely a minimum of 3 more months.  Second, there are a number of techniques that an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon can utilize to deal with the situation you describe.

Web reference: http://www.plasticsurgeryoftheface.com/pages/revision.htm

Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

Unfortunately, over the past 35 years of doing revision rhinoplasty many patients ask the same question when the are dissatisfied with their rhinoplasty results. You do want to wait 6-12 months before evaluating your nose and planning additional surgery because your nose will continue to change as you complete the healing process. Patience is necessary - you want the next rhinoplasty to be your last. 

Timing of revision rhinoplasty

+1

I'm sorry to hear that you're not happy with your nose. While there can be some tip elevation after surgery this usually settles down over the first several weeks.  Having an extremely upturned tip is quite unusual.

Having said that, It's usually best to let the nose heal and the swelling subside before having any revision surgery done. Depending on what was done during your initial surgery that may involve waiting 6-12 months.

Web reference: http://www.drlamperti.com/facial-plastic-surgery/revision-rhinoplasty

When can revision rhinoplasty be done?

+1

Revision rhinoplasty can be done after the nasal tissues have healed sufficiently that they can withstand another surgical trauma. This varies with different noses, but most surgeons are comfortable with waiting a year. This isn't written in stone however, and if the healing is progressing well, the next surgery could be as soon as 6 months. The less the initial surgery, the age of the patient, the more the structure of the nose was maintained, the smaller the revision work needed are all positive factors influencing the timing of the surgery.

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

How Long Before Rhinoplasty Revision?

+1

You should give yourself adequate time to heal.  Ask your Rhinoplasty Surgeon for manipulations that can allow the tip to de-rotate if the tip stays over rotated.  Rhinoplasty does require a thorough understanding of the proper aesthetics of facial (and nasal) beauty to create a naturally, more attractive nose.

Web reference: http://www.thepalmercodeinstitute.com