How Long is It Before I Can Go out with Rhinoplasty?

I'm a young female and I'm getting rhinoplasty later on this month. I was wondering, how long is it before I can go out in public? By public I mean things that don't require a lot of effort. For example going to get a coffee or go to the pharmacy or supermarket. Easy things like that. I don't care about how I look, but mostly about how big the pain is. When will the pain reduce enough to do this type of things?

+3

From a medical standpoint, you can go out the day following rhinoplasty. However, you will have either tape or a plastic splint over the bridge of your nose for the first week. And you can also have some bruising under your eyes for the first 7-10 days.

Most people return to work or a full schedule of social activities around one week following surgery. However, there is nothing stopping you from getting out for coffee or errands in the meantime as long as you're not self-conscious about the splint or small bruises.

I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon